My Top 12 events of 2008
1. We purchased our first SUV. It became a necessity for me, when I got stuck in the snow for 3 hours in my van.
2. I received the calling as Primary Chorister - for the first time ever. I guess they think since you can play the piano then you can also lead. It's been a lot of fun. The kids are great.
3. I was finally able to have all my varicose veins treated. Although a long and painful process, definitely worth it in the end.
4. Our third child, Megan was baptized. We had a great experience and it was a lot of fun to have all the family together in one place.
5. We made our summer trip to California and had a very memorable time. We visited with lots of friends and family, and we even made it up to Sacramento to our old stomping grounds. Great fun!!
6. We took Jill and Kevin to Magic Mountain for the first time. What a blast!
7. Camping at Bear Lake for the first time was a definite hit. It made it even better to be there with family. I think it will become a fun tradition every year.
8. Our youngest, Holly, started first grade which means that all of our kids are in school all day. Wow!! I was able to start substituting in the schools. Fun times.
9. Our oldest, Jill, became a teenager this year. She's a great kid. Teenagers are actually pretty nice people.
10. I was able to pull off the first ever, real surprise for Zaron for his birthday. Very fun!
11. Kevin started and ended his first successful football season injury free.
12. I watched a marathon for the first time and what made it even more memorable was my sister ran it and very successfully. It was her first marathon. Great job Sis! I also ran in my second 5k race and didn't do too badly.
Bonus event #13 (I know I said 12, but 13 is such a lucky number.)
We enjoyed a very nice Thanksgiving and Christmas with lots of family this year and we made lots of great memories. I learned that you can brine a turkey successfully as long as it's cold enough outside and you have an ice chest large enough to hold it.
2008 was Great! Bring it on 2009!