Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jill turns 13 - Whoa!!

Yes it's true!! We officially have a teenager in our house now. Jill turned 13 yesterday and what a party it was. It all began when Melanie and her kids (our neighbors/friends) came over to sing to Jill and give her a gift. The gift sent Jill into flip out mode; it was the Jonas Brother's new CD. Needless to say, the rest of the party was filled with the sounds of the Jonas Brothers. Yea!
Jill had invited a few friends over and they went on a "bigger or better" scavenger hunt. I was amazed at the stuff they got. They started out with a tiny goldfish, which they traded for a sucker, which they traded for a pack of gum, which they traded for a box of brownie mix, which they traded for a poster board (I know, how random), which they traded for a box of mac n' cheese, which they traded for a bag of chips, which they traded for an over sized zucchini, which they traded for another box of brownie mix, which they traded for a box of Capri suns, which they traded for a 2 liter bottle of Sprite, which they traded for two pieces of cake, which they traded for an empty bottle of exercise powder (whatever, it was bigger), which they traded for a television. Seriously, a television. They didn't actually physically trade anything, so they ended up with all the above mentioned stuff (I can't remember the exact order, but it was a lot of stuff). I couldn't believe it. I don't think I would've given a whole box of Capri suns to some strange girls that knocked on my door and asked me if I had anything bigger or better than a .... Oh well, they had fun!
Jill is amazing and beautiful! She has a fun personality and a great sense of humor. She is a good friend and a great daughter and I can't believe she is 13. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital as a newborn.
We love you Jill!!
Lizzy, Jill, Alyssa, Shaelee, Erika, Tamsyn
We definitely did not have a shortage of junk food.

What's a birthday party without Scotcheroos?! Delicious!!

Fun circle of friends

Jill has really great friends. She received a lot of nice gifts. Among them were several bottles of nail polish which sent the girls to nail polish heaven. The smell was lovely.

The party ended with some pizza and a spontaneous round of doorbell ditching. I guess that is still fun even when you're 13.


7 comments:

Emily said...

Does it make you feel old? Don't worry, your not! Promise!

Amy said...

That sounds like a fun game. I think I will go play it. I need a new TV. Wow, Jill is so beautiful. I can't wait to see you guys in a few days. I think it is so awesome that you are coming to support me. I wish you were running it with me, sis. It's too bad that your legs didn't want to cooperate with you. See you soon.

Krissi said...

HAPPY DAY! What a fun idea. It looks like you all had an awesome time. What a great memory. I know that Jill is going to be an awesome teenager! However, I feel that now there is one teenage grandchild we should just stop the kids from getting older. Do I have any seconds on that motion. Hello...hello...hellllloooo.. Oh well it was worth a try. Happy Birthday Week Jill!!!!

Mel said...

You are such a fun mom! Your kids are lucky. You have the best girls too. (and boy :) I love Jill, she is so beautiful, sweet, kind, and always good to me. I hope you didn't kill your backs getting that TV inside :) What cute pictures!!

Amber said...

That looked like such a fun party! Are you serious...a TV??

Race Fam said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!!!!!

Laura said...

So cute... I can't believe that Jill is THIRTEEN! Oh my gosh! SHe is getting so old! It looks like she had a fantastic birthday!!